Mamkoda monastery complex

Mamkoda monastery complex

Mamkoda monastery complex is located in the Mtskheta Municipality, 5 km northeast of the village of Mamkoda, and dates back to the 9th century. The complex includes the church of the Assumption, the church of St. George, the bell tower, fragments of various buildings, and a fence.

The church of the Assumption was built in the 19th century. To its south are two pillars, built with the same material as the bell tower. On one of the pillars is engraved the name of the builder - Tedo - and the year of construction - 1850. To the west of the church, there is a marked wall of a building of unknown purpose and the ruins of a stone fence.

Our Partners